Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6S dies within the hour after charging

I bought my iPhone 6S two and a half years ago with a Virgin subscription. After I charge it, the phone dies within the hour. I think the battery needs to be replaced. Does an Apple store need to do this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 9:33 AM

Well, you can check your battery status going to Settings>Battery>Battery Health and read the maximum capacity percentage shown there. Post that percentage here.

It's recommended that only Apple Technicians (at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider) replace your battery (if necessary), because they only have original genuine spare parts and have tools to check / calibrate your device correctly.

Regards

Giulio

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2020 9:33 AM in response to jaltobel

Well, you can check your battery status going to Settings>Battery>Battery Health and read the maximum capacity percentage shown there. Post that percentage here.

It's recommended that only Apple Technicians (at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider) replace your battery (if necessary), because they only have original genuine spare parts and have tools to check / calibrate your device correctly.

Regards

Giulio

iPhone 6S dies within the hour after charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.