Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6S dies at 30-40% battery

I have an iPhone 6S which I have had for a little over a year now and is currently at 89% maximum capacity. For the last two weeks now the phone will not drop below 30-40%. The phone gets to around 38% battery life, dies then turns itself on at 14% battery life by which time it immediately dies.

Does anyone one have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 7:26 AM

8 replies

Apr 23, 2020 9:39 AM in response to deggie

Is this my only option now? Unfortunately my warranty has expired so I will have to pay for a new battery. The battery life appears to be getting worse. My phone now dies at 45% rather than at 30% like it used to. It then comes back at 45% when I charge it up again.

One thing to consider is that my lightening cable is frayed and I am only charging the phone in short bursts I’d say 20% at a time as I’m scared about both the phone and the charger overheating. If I bought a new lightning cable and charged the phone up to 100% would that make the battery problem subside?

Apr 28, 2020 2:45 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

That's really helpful. When the phone runs out of battery now it turns on at 54% instead of 30% initially, which means it’s going up very fast.

I worry that the phone will eventually, immediately go up to 100% battery life when I charge it by which time the battery will die as soon as I unplug it.

Is this a realistic possibility?

I tried changing the phone up to 100% using a different cable but unfortunately this did not help my situation.

iPhone 6S dies at 30-40% battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.