Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I record CD's onto my Windows PC using iTunes and add to my iTunes Playlist?

I have a huge CD collection (of Bob Dylan, a favorite of Steve Jobs). Many of these CD's were copied into my hard drive using iTunes, and I created a Playlist from these recorded CD files. I have some new Dylan CD's. Can I record them onto my Hard Drive, using iTunes. I've read that iTunes no longer supports CD's. If that is true, is there another Windows program that people recommend to record CD's to their Windows PC hard drive and to create playlists?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 7:27 PM

No, Windows still Supports CD's, i just loaded my special Mixed Cd's a few weeks ago. Open itunes and Just pop in the cd and in the right hand corner itunes will ask if you want to import that cd into your music Library. You can also find the settings button in the right hand corner as well So You can add information onto the cd before burning it to your library. If the Cd has Various Artists on the cd you may want to list the cd as a Compilation otherwise your Various Artist will be scattered all over your library. If you want to transfer the album to an external Hard Drive just go into your Main Music folder and Copy the folder...I hope that helps

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2020 7:27 PM in response to Phred W

No, Windows still Supports CD's, i just loaded my special Mixed Cd's a few weeks ago. Open itunes and Just pop in the cd and in the right hand corner itunes will ask if you want to import that cd into your music Library. You can also find the settings button in the right hand corner as well So You can add information onto the cd before burning it to your library. If the Cd has Various Artists on the cd you may want to list the cd as a Compilation otherwise your Various Artist will be scattered all over your library. If you want to transfer the album to an external Hard Drive just go into your Main Music folder and Copy the folder...I hope that helps

Can I record CD's onto my Windows PC using iTunes and add to my iTunes Playlist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.