Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 - Pre Order Scalpers

Hi Apple,

I wasn't particularly surprised when I found an iPhone 12 Pro Pre-Order already available on Ebay even with the phone not going on Pre-Sale yet.

This year the scalpers are especially aggressive and I wonder if you considered those people in your sale strategy?

This year, scalpers have destroyed the pre orders for the new Xbox, PS5, Nvidia 3080 which were sold out the second they came online, due to aggressive buy bots.

I would have loved to see that you offer pre order options for long time iPhone users maybe even those with a current iphone (or even last years model) or AppleCard attached to their account with a order prioritization system and only one Device per account. To make sure the first hardware is going to people who want to use the device rather than selling the pre order on eBay.

I fear, the minute the sales go live on the 16th the Devices will be sold out.

I have nothing against free market trading but a pre order is an idea, a promise that a device will arrive at a certain time and these are no goods these words on paper ergo not a product.

Anyway I just wanted to express my concern and ask you for how you plan to deal with these?

Thanks

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 1:24 PM

LordChesterfield wrote:

Hi Apple,

I wasn't particularly surprised when I found an iPhone 12 Pro Pre-Order already available on Ebay even with the phone not going on Pre-Sale yet.

This year the scalpers are especially aggressive and I wonder if you considered those people in your sale strategy?

This year, scalpers have destroyed the pre orders for the new Xbox, PS5, Nvidia 3080 which were sold out the second they came online, due to aggressive buy bots.

I would have loved to see that you offer pre order options for long time iPhone users maybe even those with a current iphone (or even last years model) or AppleCard attached to their account with a order prioritization system and only one Device per account. To make sure the first hardware is going to people who want to use the device rather than selling the pre order on eBay.

I have nothing against free market trading but a pre order is an idea, a promise that a device will arrive at a certain time and these are no goods these words on paper ergo not a product.

Anyway I just wanted to express my concern and ask you for how you plan to deal with these?

Thanks

Let Apple know here https://www.apple.com/feedback/

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2020 1:24 PM in response to LordChesterfield

LordChesterfield wrote:

Hi Apple,

Thanks

Let Apple know here https://www.apple.com/feedback/

iPhone 12 - Pre Order Scalpers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.