You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac adress

HI

I have an iPhone and I update it iOS 14 and now my Mac address is not the same in my setting

so what you think and what can I do?

tnx

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 4:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 4:42 PM

You probably have Private Address set to ON for your Wi-Fi Network on your iPhone. This allows for a dynamic Mac Address and changes when you forget the Network and then log back into it again.

To prevent this from happening or if you must have a static WiFi address for a give WiFi Network then open Settings ➔ Wi-Fi : From the list of Wi-Fi Networks, locate the one that you are interested in or connected to and tap on the "i" to the right to reveal a sub-menu. Set Private Address to OFF.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 13, 2020 4:42 PM in response to hosseindh

You probably have Private Address set to ON for your Wi-Fi Network on your iPhone. This allows for a dynamic Mac Address and changes when you forget the Network and then log back into it again.

To prevent this from happening or if you must have a static WiFi address for a give WiFi Network then open Settings ➔ Wi-Fi : From the list of Wi-Fi Networks, locate the one that you are interested in or connected to and tap on the "i" to the right to reveal a sub-menu. Set Private Address to OFF.

Axel F.

Mac adress

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.