Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set the ICloud and me.com email passwords iPhone 10

Recently I changed my Apple ID password. Using the browser on my laptop first.

1. My iPhone does not download my Mail APP data for my iCloud account.
  2. My iPhone will not display my storage graphic for Storage. It is empty and a constant wait occurs when I access the Setting> ... Storage

details:

Next to the iPad: I have updated my password in the iPad but can not get the iPhone to download my icloud or me.com email count. The Apple ID setup was first created or My Primary Apple ID using my Gmail account, many years ago. So the primary Apple ID account is abcexample@gmail.com. The email is sending from icloud.com.

On the iPhone there is a duplication for the me.com address too (that might be deleted from the mail accounts but its been there for years and I don’t think it is the problem.)

I followed a solution here in the community that worked for my iPad. The Mail App is now grabbing the new mail.

For the iPhone:

Following the same instruction on the iPhone I ran into a point of confusion in the settings / their titles and organization, as they are not the same as for the iPad. Once I found the password setting for the iCloud Mail, calendar, etc account I entered the new password. On the Primary SMTP Server the password is optional / grayed out and cannot even be entered into. Same for the user name on the Primary SMTP Server. That primary Server is the iCloud Server on both devices.

I still cannot get mail for the iCloud account in the Mail app. My Gmail account is not and should not be getting any Apple domain email.

I noticed in the OFF SMTP servers that the icloud, me and an odd names me.com servers all showed the Optional password field. I entered the new password in all three of these. They are now ON among a list of off servers for my non apple email accounts.

it was hard to find the place to enter the icloud.oom password and once I left that’s part of the settings, I couldn’t get back to the same elements as the password page contained after I entered the password. *successful”. I get other option for the account, like 2 step authentication, etc.

One more odd thing about the iPhone. I cannot get the storage graphic for the Apple Storage t show. I only get that is cannot be displayed. Maybe the two issues are related.

I need help.

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 6:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 7:42 PM

Not sure why the error is showing as you describe -- Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple.

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 13, 2020 7:38 PM in response to zinacef

zinacef

Thanks for your prompt response. I wish I could say it worked. The link took me to too options. I found this instruction about being Push was on, then push on the Apple mail accounts.

I turned the iPhone off as instructed and back on. I tried to send from the me.com account but the send failed “your iCloud ID and password’ are not correct.

I don’t know how that can be.

what am I missing here. Where in the instructions was I to go?

BWWigs

How to set the ICloud and me.com email passwords iPhone 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.