Developer Forums relocated!

Need help with Apple Developer tools and technologies? Want to share information with other developers and Apple engineers? Visit Developer Forums at Apple.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xcode not working as expected

I'm working on C programming in Xcode . The problem that I'm facing is that whenever I rename my project it doesn't show the code in the main.c file which in result do not run the code and all my efforts go into the vain . Pls help with as same ASAP.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 5:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 11:41 AM

I am able to change the name of a folder by clicking on it and pressing the Return key.

The problem in your screenshot is your folder is blue when it should be yellow. Any source code files inside a blue folder cannot be edited in Xcode.

What I recommend doing is selecting the project file, control-clicking and choosing New Group. Move the main.c file to the new yellow folder you created. After doing that, delete the blue folder.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2020 11:41 AM in response to Yashvardhan09

I am able to change the name of a folder by clicking on it and pressing the Return key.

The problem in your screenshot is your folder is blue when it should be yellow. Any source code files inside a blue folder cannot be edited in Xcode.

What I recommend doing is selecting the project file, control-clicking and choosing New Group. Move the main.c file to the new yellow folder you created. After doing that, delete the blue folder.

Xcode not working as expected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.