Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xcode: Executable not found

So I have a project and the executable inside the ".app" file is not generating. I've made a new project to test it out and deleted the executable, and on the next build, it regenerated, so why isn't it on this old project. Is it something with the code, build settings, something else? I've been searching for this answer for a while because it becomes a pretty big issue when I can't run my app. What do I do?

If you need any more information, please ask.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 11:31 AM

5 replies

Dec 30, 2021 10:59 AM in response to Canyonn06

Not many developers hang out in this forum. You will have a better chance of getting an answer in the forums on Apple's developer site or at Stack Overflow. Additional information you should supply to improve your chances of getting an answer include the following:

• The version of Xcode you're using
  • The type of Xcode project you created (iOS app project, Mac document-based app project, etc.)
  • The error message you are getting when you build and run your project

One thing you can try to do is choose Product > Clean Build Folder in your project, which will build your project from scratch the next time you build it.

Dec 31, 2021 12:09 PM in response to Canyonn06

Canyonn06 wrote:

I'm using Pods. Firebase Auth/Firebase Firestore. I duplicated the project and copied files one by one until I received the error again. Including installing Pods. The error came up when implementing the views + delegates. Something may of went wrong, but I'm 80% sure its source is there.

None of that makes any sense.

I mentioned Qt, Electron, etc. because those platforms are radically different than normal Xcode usage. But it doesn't sound like this is the case. You mentioned, "Pods". I think that is some kind of package management system. As far as I know, it isn't integrated into Xcode itself. It merely downloads and installs other dependencies. Then, in Xcode, you just write your code that references those 3rd party frameworks. It doesn't make sense to say "the error came up when implementing the views + delegates".

Implementing is an act of writing code. While you are writing, you aren't actually building the executable. And, at a fundamental level, Xcode manages the executable itself in its derived data temporary folders. You never go into there. You just write the code and click the "Run" button. It sounds like you have added some additional steps that you should not be doing. What those additional steps are, I'm can't really guess.

Xcode: Executable not found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.