Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Plus: Ringer volume buttons not working

I can no longer adjust the ringer volume using the buttons on the left side. The buttons now only control the system volume (like Siri’s volume, etc.)

The “Change with Buttons” setting is on. I’ve turned it on and off a number of times. Restarted my phone and turned it off and on. Still no luck. Could this be related to the most recent iOS 14 update? It worked fine before.

It’s inconvenient to have to go into Settings each time I want to adjust the ringer volume. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 11:02 AM

I think I solved it! My battery has been draining faster than normal. I recently turned on Sound Recognition (under Accessibility) and thought it might be the culprit.

Once off, I wondered if it affected my ringer issue. Sure enough, the buttons work again. I’m not sure if this is a bug. Hope this helps someone else.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2020 11:02 AM in response to caliguy14

I think I solved it! My battery has been draining faster than normal. I recently turned on Sound Recognition (under Accessibility) and thought it might be the culprit.

Once off, I wondered if it affected my ringer issue. Sure enough, the buttons work again. I’m not sure if this is a bug. Hope this helps someone else.

Cheers.

iPhone 7 Plus: Ringer volume buttons not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.