Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Target Display Mode w/ 2020 MacBook pro

If I have a mac book pro 2020 running macOS Catalina 10.15.7 trying to use a iMac Mid 2011 running macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 as a monitor - is there any way I can? I have all thunderbolt ports and adapters...all apple.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 12:27 AM

Catalina on the MacBook Pro in not the problem. It won't work because the MacBook Pro is newer than 2019.

Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support

"You can connect any of these older iMac models to another Mac from 2019 or earlier"

6 replies

Oct 15, 2020 7:34 PM in response to den.thed

Yes Ive seen that page already. It did not reflect catalina would not be supported when I purchased these items over the summer. Its only recently been updated to say theyre no longer updating that page. I had been in touch with their support who said it could be fixed in the next patch but I guess their "fix" is just to slap that message on a dead page. I was wondering if anyone knew of a work around. Not just a link to a page no longer supported.

Target Display Mode w/ 2020 MacBook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.