Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

scratch

There are some small and big scratches in my MacBook and I have really worry about it. My laptop does not look good with their scratches. So my question is How can I remove these scratches can apple service help me

MacBook Pro 13”, 10.15

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 5:36 AM

10 replies

Oct 16, 2020 6:28 AM in response to sardorbek241

"natural" silver aluminum, or Space gray or some other color?

Aluminum scratches can be buffed out with mild abrasive such as Automotive buffing compound. They will look less obvious when buffed.

Repairing Space Gray or other anodized colors is very difficult. For Space Gray, you could use a sharpie marker to cover it and expect to re-apply from time-to-time.

Oct 16, 2020 7:57 AM in response to sardorbek241

Only if you are willing to spend a lot of money to get it back to "showroom" condition. The cost for changing major body components is quite high. For example to replace the cover over the screen requires the entire screen be replaced, around US$650 for the 13-in model.

Consider selling it "as is" to someone who is not fussy about scratches. You MUST divulge any defects you know about including scratches. To not do so is Fraud.

Oct 16, 2020 9:05 AM in response to sardorbek241

You can ask Apple (we are not Apple) but I have never heard of Apple making out-of warranty cosmetic repairs. They replace parts.

As Grant has already said, the display on a Retina Macbook Pro is one unitl and must be replaced as such ar a horribly high cost. The replacement would be cheaper if it is a non-Retina MacBook Pro but the only one of those Apple still classes as "supported" for parts and service is the 2012 13-inch Model (model identifier MacBookPro9,2).

scratch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.