Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scratch issue on M1 Macs

Hi,

I've recently purchased a M1 pro and today just a few minutes ago I tried to clean it. Now I know it's very fragile So I carefully removed the dust with a new cloth and even after that I got some minor scratches. They are only visible on the dark screen but this is very annoying how are we supposed to clean this thing?

I have additional extended warranty but I'm not sure if they cover this issue in that.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 11:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 11:24 PM

Alucard_ Said:

"Scratch issue on M1 Macs: [...]I carefully removed the dust with a new cloth and even after that I got some minor scratches. [...]I have additional extended warranty but I'm not sure if they cover this issue in that."

-------

No. Intentional damage is not covered under the warranty. So, you'll have to go through Apple and purchase a new screen.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2022 11:24 PM in response to Alucard_

Alucard_ Said:

"Scratch issue on M1 Macs: [...]I carefully removed the dust with a new cloth and even after that I got some minor scratches. [...]I have additional extended warranty but I'm not sure if they cover this issue in that."

-------

No. Intentional damage is not covered under the warranty. So, you'll have to go through Apple and purchase a new screen.

Feb 17, 2022 1:10 AM in response to Alucard_

Alucard_ Said:

"I thought so. Is this the common problem with these new M1's ? a lot of peoples are complaining about this issue."

-------

Based on Personal Experience:

Frankly, I use a privacy filter while using my Mac, and I keep it off when I shut the lid. But that's just me. Doing so, I've never had a speck of dust of my screen. I don't see it lots on these forums, though I have a few times. What I've Used: Pre-Moistened Lens Wipes ALIBEISS Screen Wipes for Glasses, Camera,Tablets, Smartphone, Screens and Other Delicate Surfaces,Pack of 100 - Amazon

Scratch issue on M1 Macs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.