Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Show length of clip in iMovie

iMovie used to show the length of a clip in the top of each clip. Now, when the cursor hovers over a particular clip, it only shows the name of the clip. Is there a way to switch that so i know the length of each clip?

iMac Pro

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 3:14 PM

Hi, dchep,

Absence of the duration label on iMovie clips has been reported by many on this forum following the recent updates. Apple will need to address it. Nothing you can do about it.

Some posters have observed that you can get a duration reading by pressing and holding your cursor at the beginning edge or ending edge of a clip.

Also, you can select the clip and click on the information icon (the circle with and "i" in it) located in the tool bar at the upper right of your screen. A duration box displaying the clip's duration will appear in the duration box below and to the right of the icon.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2020 3:14 PM in response to dchep

Hi, dchep,

Absence of the duration label on iMovie clips has been reported by many on this forum following the recent updates. Apple will need to address it. Nothing you can do about it.

Some posters have observed that you can get a duration reading by pressing and holding your cursor at the beginning edge or ending edge of a clip.

Also, you can select the clip and click on the information icon (the circle with and "i" in it) located in the tool bar at the upper right of your screen. A duration box displaying the clip's duration will appear in the duration box below and to the right of the icon.

-- Rich

Show length of clip in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.