Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS Max stuck on Black screen with apple logo. how do I fix?

I woke up this morning to a notification that my phone was running out of storage (doubtful as its 250gb) anyway I pressed that notification to check it out and then my screen went black with one of those grey progress wheels then the apple logo came on. it was about 15 mins till I realised it was having issues. I hard reset twice and nothing happened except for it losing power and turning off, but its at the same spot again. it seems to keep going in cycles now and the phone is not responsive and cannot be located in finder on my macbook to do a factory reset. any clues or fixes please?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 4:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 4:43 PM

Did you try forcing it into recovery mode?

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the Mac still won’t recognize your phone, look here for help.

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

7 replies

Oct 17, 2020 3:35 AM in response to natman_

Erasing the phone using Find My is not going to download another clean copy of the iOS like iTunes would do. Whether the Apple stores are open or not, you would probably still be best served by contacting Apple for help at this point.

There is a link in the bottom right corner of this web site that has a Get Support Link. I would give it a try.

iPhone - Official Apple Support

iPhone XS Max stuck on Black screen with apple logo. how do I fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.