Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages reordering themselves constantly

at this point it’s happening just about every 10-15 seconds, but my saved imessages keep on shuffling themselves around and out of order. i can fix it by scrolling up far enough to load older messages, but it’s happening so often that it doesn’t matter. it’s getting very difficult to follow conversations. i’ve tried the following:

-restarting my phone

-restarting the messages app

-turning imessages on and off again

-turning automatic time sync on and off again

-enabling icloud sync

please help, this is getting ridiculous

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 6:37 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 21, 2020 9:15 AM in response to asheslar

Hi asheslar,

We understand your messages are showing in the wrong order. We're happy to help.

To begin, we'd recommend making sure your device is up to date.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Check in Settings > General > Date & Time to make sure Set Automatically is turned on. If it is turned on already, try turning if off briefly, then turn it back on. After that, check your messages to see if they're displayed in the correct order.

If you continue to have issues, you'd want to contact Apple Support directly: Get Support

We hope this helps. Take care!

Nov 10, 2020 5:42 PM in response to asheslar

Hi!

I have been having similar issues with my imessage. Mine seem to be shuffling out of order and splitting the sent and received text making it impossible to follow the conversation and it also fixes if i scroll up far enough.

Were you able to find a reason behind this or a solution?? I have been in contact with apple support but so far no luck.

iMessages reordering themselves constantly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.