Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2017 macbook pro screen failure

MacBook Pro 2017 with Touch Bar

I have a complete blackout screen with some lighting on display(entirely black). Within one year of purchase i had exactly same issue and Apple replaced it for free as it was covered. (This was before September 2018)

I purchased extended warranty too but it got expired on 30th September 2020 and I am facing this within 15 days of expiring.(this is really disappointing)

Why there is no repair program for these models(like the 2016 models) as all have the same technology used. Also my screen was replaced in the same time frame and obviously the same available technology was used to fix my Laptop.

What should I do as it seems so unfair that the product was faulty from Day 1 of purchase.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 6:55 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 17, 2020 12:32 PM in response to ankeet227

Try contacting Apple to see if they will provide you with a Customer Satisfaction Code for a repair exception to repair the laptop under warranty. Sometimes Apple will do this within two weeks so you are definitely cutting it close. I don't think Apple does this as much anymore, but it never hurts to ask. You can have the Apple Store or AASP do this on your behalf as well.

This particular model series is one of Apple's worst designs as you've unfortunately discovered.

You can always provide Apple product feedback:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

2017 macbook pro screen failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.