Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

preconfigured AOL SMTP server on iphone X iOS 13 not working and can’t be disabled.

wife needs to send each email out twice. first failure occurs when mail tries to use the preconfigured AOL SMTP server entry.

we have a custom smtp.aol.com entry behind it that seems to work.

we go to settings and have this server that appears preconfigured and isn’t working.

the default server is set to O Auth 2.0 token authentication whereas the one that works of set to password authentication.

when we slide the green slider for the default server off, the “Done” on top right stays inactive so the change will not submit.

i attach the screenshot from my wife’s phone of default server and another from my iphone 7 ios 14 server that works. her 2nd entry is identical to the black one of mine, but i think the issue is that it is masked by the default server entry.

tried resetting network settings. and deleting re-entering aol mail

account

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 11:17 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Oct 21, 2020 5:48 PM in response to jzahavi

Hi jzahavi,

It sounds like you're having trouble sending with Mail and we can help.

You've taken some great steps so far to isolate this issue.

Try to remove any server settings that are from the incorrect outgoing server settings.

Follow the steps in these articles as best you can:

If you can’t send email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you continue to have trouble it might be necessary to contact your email provider.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

preconfigured AOL SMTP server on iphone X iOS 13 not working and can’t be disabled.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.