Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone in Use

I keep getting a notification that says "iPhone in Use", This iPhone is in use by another user on this Mac". Why am I suddenly getting this persistent notification? How do I get rid of it?

This is the notification under Catalina 10.15.7

I have tried completely shutting down my computer then rebooting, yet this notification persists. I did upgrade Catalina today since an update was available. Is it possible that this is a bug with the latest version of Catalina?

Mac mini, OS X 10.10

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 3:58 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 22, 2020 7:20 AM in response to Millsfield

Hi Millsfield,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We see no one has responded to your post yet. To assist the community in replying, you might consider providing more information about what you’re experiencing. Including the following details in your post may be helpful:

Do you have multiple user accounts on the Mac?

Do you continue to receive this message if you sign all other user accounts out?

Is your iPhone connected to the Mac via USB?

The more information you provide, the better chance the community will be able to offer some additional guidance.

Have a great day!

Oct 23, 2020 3:26 AM in response to ryane77

Thanks very much for your suggestion. I do have multiple accounts on my MAC. No iPhones were physically connected to the computer via USB. I did reboot the Mac several times. I also completely shut down both iPhones in the household and restarted them. None of these measures seemed to have worked and the message kept appearing. Then suddenly, out of the blud, and for no apparent reason the notifications stopped. So, right now from my viewpoint, if the problem doesn't show up again, I'm happy. But being a retired software developer myself, I think it would be wise for Apple to keep this bug report, and to be on the lookout for other similar events from other users.

Best regards,

--Wayne

iPhone in Use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.