Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resound digital and ios 14

Anyone else having trouble keeping resound hearing aids connected since installing ios 14?

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 5:06 PM

13 replies

Nov 19, 2020 11:31 AM in response to HarveyJZ

HarveyJZ wrote: "Upgraded to iPhone 12 Pro. (...) Sometimes static..."

The fix has just come out:

iOS 14.2.1 addresses the following issues for your iPhone:
Some MMS messages may not be received
Made for iPhone hearing devices could have sound quality issues when listening to audio from iPhone
Lock Screen could become unresponsive on iPhone 12 mini

õ¿õ¬

Oct 27, 2020 12:55 PM in response to higgsiu

I am have the iPhone 11 Pro and iPad Pro 10.5. Generally speaking my best fix when there's hearing aids interference with my iPhone is to switch off the Bluetooth on the iPad via Settings -> Bluetooth -> Off.

If that fails, you could try the following steps:

1. Use the "forget this device" for both your iPhone and iPad via Settings -> Accessibility -> Hearing Aids;
  2. Switch off Bluetooth;
  3. Reboot your iPhone with your hearing aids switched off;
  4. Switch on the iPhone first, re-pair both hearing aids via Settings -> Accessibility -> Hearing Aids

See how you get on with the hearings aids un-paired from the iPad.

Oct 18, 2020 4:17 AM in response to whitedl52

I had issues where my hearing aids and iPhone was constantly dropping out and could not fathom why this was happening, but only occurs when at home.

Turns out that the hearing aids being connected to both my iPhone and iPad was the issue, however the strange thing was that the iPad bluetooth was switched off therefore should not be attempting to connect to my hearing aids. Fixed this using the "forget this device" via my iPad and the connectivity between my hearing aids and the iPhone was resolved.

Very odd why this would happen.

Oct 27, 2020 11:21 AM in response to whitedl52

On what device? My iPad is on iOS 14.1 and works great with my ReSound LiNX3D hearing aids. But my new iPhone 12 Pro (also on iOS 14.1) is having terrible issues staying connected. I chatted with the Apple accessibility team and this was their canned response to my questions 3 times:

"at this time we do not have any further information on availability and compatibility with the iPhone 12. You would need to continue to chat with ReSound regarding compatibility information."

Doesn't sound real promising. I sure want my iPhone 8+ back!

Oct 27, 2020 1:07 PM in response to ScottishTad

Thanks for your suggestions. I too am very familiar with turning off Bluetooth on one device before trying to use on my other device. I use the control center menu for quick access to the bluetooth setting (drag down from upper right).

I have tried all the steps you mentioned. In addition I have Reset Network settings and even Reset and Erase Everything. It was basically a brand new phone with nothing installed and still behaved the same way. I never had any issues with my iPhone 8+ and things worked great on my son's iPhone 11 Pro. It definitely appears to be the 12 :-(

I've been in contact with ReSound. They seem to know of the issue are are working on it. iPhone 11 Pro is listed on their website as compatible. The iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro are not.

Nov 1, 2020 7:27 AM in response to whitedl52

I have experienced a similar issue. Previously using iPhone X with ios 14.1 and ReSound hearing aids LT762. No issues. Upgraded to iPhone 12 Pro. Hearing aids have random short disconnects and bounces between left and right ear when used as streaming device for calls from my iPhone. Sometimes static. Tried re-pairing. No luck. Called ReSound. They have not certified iPhone 12's yet. They gave me the accessibility support number at Apple. Very competent support engineer walked me through logging data from my phone for analysis by another support member. He observed the devices disconnecting and reconnecting when looking at the Settings/General/Accessibility/Hearing Devices/MFI Hearing Devices. Waiting for a call back expected soonest.

Resound digital and ios 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.