Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos can't play

Whenever I try playing any videos of any sort, even videos on Youtube and videos I've already downloaded, it doesn't play.

On youtube, the video just pauses right after I play it, and I can't press play anymore, and it heats up my macbook like crazy and uses a lot of cpu power.

For the videos I've downloaded before, it just skips the entire thing and shows the last frame of the video.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 9:05 PM

Try booting the Mac into Safe Mode to see if the same thing happens. Safe Mode disables third party drivers that may interfere with the Mac.

Create a new user account and log into the new user to see if you have the same problem.

Run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2020 9:05 PM in response to jam_dot

Try booting the Mac into Safe Mode to see if the same thing happens. Safe Mode disables third party drivers that may interfere with the Mac.

Create a new user account and log into the new user to see if you have the same problem.

Run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

Videos can't play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.