Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my iPhone take my new Gmail password?

For security reasons I changed my Gmail password. It's the main Gmail that is used for my Apple account. However, my iPhone 8 Plus that is running iOS 14.0.1 will not accept the new password I am using for this Gmail account. How do I remedy this problem?

Just a note, I do get a text authentication when I log into this gmail account from Safari. However, I do not get a text authentication when I try to log in from Google Chrome. So maybe this is related to this issue.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 5:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 6:19 AM

The directions clearly state:

"Tip: iPhones and iPads with iOS 11 or up don’t require App Passwords. Instead use “Sign in with Google.”

If the app doesn’t offer “Sign in with Google,” you can either:"

For some reason, when I went to "add account" and choose "google" this time it took my password. I'm not sure why it took so long.

Anyway, thank you for your reply. :)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2020 6:19 AM in response to SravanKrA

The directions clearly state:

"Tip: iPhones and iPads with iOS 11 or up don’t require App Passwords. Instead use “Sign in with Google.”

If the app doesn’t offer “Sign in with Google,” you can either:"

For some reason, when I went to "add account" and choose "google" this time it took my password. I'm not sure why it took so long.

Anyway, thank you for your reply. :)

Why won't my iPhone take my new Gmail password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.