Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing apps in share sheet ios 14

Since upgrading to ios 14 on my iPhone 8, my share sheet is missing most of the apps that used to be there (no, they’re not in the “More” part either). How do I get them back?

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 4:27 AM

I've had the same problem. Almost all apps were missing in the share sheet, even though they were sometimes visible as contact suggestions, e.g. I could not see Facebook Messenger app in the sheet, though it might suggest sharing a photo to John Appleseed via the same Facebook Messenger (same thing with What's App and other apps).

Here's how I fixed it:

I've closed all apps, changed iOS language to English (from Polish which is the language I normally use on my iPhone) and it helped. It kept working after switching back to English, so I guess you can just change the system language to any other language and then go back to the one you're using. I don't know if closing all apps that were present in the background was a necessary step, though I guess it wasn't.

64 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2020 4:27 AM in response to historydoll

I've had the same problem. Almost all apps were missing in the share sheet, even though they were sometimes visible as contact suggestions, e.g. I could not see Facebook Messenger app in the sheet, though it might suggest sharing a photo to John Appleseed via the same Facebook Messenger (same thing with What's App and other apps).

Here's how I fixed it:

I've closed all apps, changed iOS language to English (from Polish which is the language I normally use on my iPhone) and it helped. It kept working after switching back to English, so I guess you can just change the system language to any other language and then go back to the one you're using. I don't know if closing all apps that were present in the background was a necessary step, though I guess it wasn't.

Nov 29, 2020 11:48 AM in response to TJakub

I didn't do anything with the language settings but the recommendation about closing all the apps was what I tried and the missing apps have returned. I did unfortunately shutdown and restarted the phone so I don't know if it was either or both that solved it ... for now. This is the second time they've disappeared (that I've noticed).

It doesn't appear to be specific to the apps that provide sharing unless the dozens of them that have reappeared all have the same bug (possible I suppose). It isn't only third-party apps that stop showing. Many Apple apps disappear too.

Dec 18, 2020 8:04 PM in response to historydoll

This just happened to me. I was trying to add photos to Pinterest but it wasn’t there as a choice. I went into settings and added access to photos for Pinterest. Then I went back into the share sheet and almost all the app options that had been there a moment ago, including Facebook and Twitter disappeared. Pinterest was still not there either. Help please.

Oct 22, 2020 3:28 PM in response to historydoll

Hello historydoll,

It sounds like you aren't seeing some of the apps that used to be available in Share. Does this happen whenever you try to share or only in certain apps?

There are a few steps that you can go over and see if that helps:

• Go to Settings > Siri & Search, make sure "Suggestions when Sharing" is turned on
  • Go to Settings > Contacts > Siri & Search and turn on "Show Siri Suggestions for Contacts" and "Learn from this App"
  • Go to your Contacts app and see if you can find your contacts

Regards.

Nov 24, 2020 7:01 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Since 14.2 my contacts share sheet on my personal iPhone 11 is missing. I have tried doing the Settings > Siri & Suggestions > Suggestions when Sharing and toggle between off and on. No improvement.

I have restarted the iphone.

My work iPhone Xr is on the same iOS and is not having this issue. In the interest of trying the suggestion above on a known good and functioning iPhone, I can confirm the Siri & Suggestions toggle will remove the contacts from the share sheet and toggling it back puts it back.

So my dilemma. How do I fix this on my iPhone 11 that won’t toggle the contacts back into the share sheet?

Dec 21, 2020 1:52 AM in response to TJakub

Closing all my apps and rebooting seemed to work. Although when I first updated to the latest iOS my Twitter disappeared from share sheet and I was able to get it back in share to just by rebooting.

But I still see this as a glitch in iOS that should be corrected. Just because there is a workaround that usually works doesn’t mean this is acceptable.

When I first updated to iOS 14 I did in the beta and all my apps got scattered all over my screen and I lost all my organized folders. To this day I don’t know if it was a glitch in the Beta or if it would have still happened if I had waited for iOS 14 to become available to everyone.

But my point is glitches like these can be beyond just annoying. It makes me very hesitant to stay updated without waiting a month between updates for them to work out the kinks.

When I go to YouTube videos on the latest updates these glitches are never mentioned. Yet here we are.

is there a a group to warn people about these glitches or do I need to start one?

Mar 1, 2021 5:23 AM in response to historydoll

Same issue. Seems to happen when an app is updated then it disappears from share sheet. To fix the symptom, I power off and restart my phone. But the underlying problem isn’t fixed by that because next time the same app is updated it disappears from share sheet again. Perhaps the APIs for share sheet registration aren’t being called when apps are updated or the system code called by the APIs is buggy.

May 1, 2021 8:03 AM in response to historydoll

I was missing the Facebook app on my share sheet plus a few other apps but like with anything tech related I tried the simplest suggestion I usually get with any tech issues regarding software “have you tried shutting down and restarting your computer?”and so I did and walah there was the Facebook and whatsapp apps again there on the safari sharesheet again 🙏🏽👍🏽

Missing apps in share sheet ios 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.