Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube on Safari: An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: SYh2IqvIyAXLRca7)

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me with the issue I am having on YouTube.

None of the videos on YouTube will play on my Safari.

Every single video on YouTube says "An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: SYh2IqvIyAXLRca7)".

Naturally, I've looked up the solution online but I can't seem to get this fixed.

I have so far done logging out of my YouTube account and playing the videos [still doesn't work]. I've also cleared history and cache and everything on Safari [still doesn't work]. I've seen a post somewhere that said an adblock extension needed to be updated. But I have no extensions listed on my Safari system preferences. I have also seen a post that said that my internet router needed to be rebooted. So I've tried that - still doesn't work. I have of course restarted my laptop. I feel like I have tried all the stuff I could find online but the videos still don't play.

I am hoping someone could suggest other things I could try.

I should also mention that YouTube videos play on my Firefox web browser. So the problem is just limited to Safari. But I'd still like to get this fixed because I use Safari as my web browser so I don't want to have switch between the two browsers...

My laptop is running Big Sur 11.0 Beta and my Safari is Version 14.0.1.

Please help. Thank you for your time in advance!

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 1:05 PM

Check this other thread:

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/663850

Worked for me!

Confirmed that "All you have to do is disable "Develop tab -> Experimental features -> VP9 decoder", and then restart Safari" fixes the issue. Thanks, @Arun_Kudiyal.

Similar questions

6 replies

YouTube on Safari: An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: SYh2IqvIyAXLRca7)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.