Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Youtube Not Working Properly On Safari But Is Working On Chrome

Hello All,

I am having trouble running Youtube on Safari 11 on macOS 10.13 High Sierra (MacBook Pro Mid 2010). I just had the drive on my MacBook replaced 5 days ago so it is almost virtually true to the default factory settings. I have referenced other posts about Youtube not working properly on Safari and troubleshooted the problem using a few methods.

1. Enabled Adobe Flash Player in Safari Preferences
  2. Enabled Javascript in Safari Preferences
  3. Empty Caches on Safari
  4. Deleted all Flash Player browsing data and settings
  5. Reinstalled Flash Player
  6. Restarted the Browser
  7. Repaired Disk Permissions with Disk Utility
  8. Restarted the Computer

This is how Youtube appears on Safari.

There is something peculiar, however, if I copy/paste a youtube link, I am still able to play videos.

I installed Chrome and Youtube works fine.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to any suggestions anyone has to solving this problem.

Posted on Jul 30, 2019 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2019 8:41 AM

Have you considered upgrading Safari to Safari 12.1.2, which is the latest version? Check the App Store Updates tab.

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2019 8:41 AM in response to coloradbro

Have you considered upgrading Safari to Safari 12.1.2, which is the latest version? Check the App Store Updates tab.

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Youtube Not Working Properly On Safari But Is Working On Chrome

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.