Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync steps FROM iPhone TO Apple Watch?

Is there a way to sync steps I have taken with my iPhone (counted by the Health app) into my Apple Watch Activity app? For reference, I know that I can sync the steps on the Activity app on my watch to the Health app on my iPhone. Every post I can find on this issue gives me the same answer about changing permissions in the Health app so that the steps on my Apple Watch sync to my iPhone. However, I am trying to move steps from my iPhone to my watch.

I work in a saltwater lab and take my watch off during the day as to not ruin it, but keep my phone in my pocket which counts my steps. But these steps only show on the Health app and not the Activity app. Today for example, my activity app says I've only taken 500 steps when I've taken 10,000 on the Health app. I would like to be able to move the steps from my phone over to the Activity app on my Apple Watch so that I can track my progress that way. Is there a way to do this? Please help. It's definitely not ideal to not have these syncing together, it's basically the whole reason I went with an apple product is I assumed everything would sync.

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 7

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 2:43 AM

Any steps recorded on an iphone go straight into the health app,they are seperate and have nothing to do with the watch.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2020 2:43 AM in response to denmannn

Any steps recorded on an iphone go straight into the health app,they are seperate and have nothing to do with the watch.

Sync steps FROM iPhone TO Apple Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.