Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant insert hyperlink into image in Mac Mail

I ve tried all possible scenarios but still I can't insert hyperlink into image in Mac Mail. do you have any idea? Does apple solve this issue already?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 4:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 5:15 AM

FWIW, you cannot add a link to an image in a signature in Mail. You can add a link to an image inserted in an email. You may have to try a different email client to add a linked image in a signature. It's not something I do so I can't recommend any.

12 replies

Oct 19, 2020 8:51 PM in response to Yiagos

Yiagos Said:

"Cant insert hyperlink into image in Mac Mail: I ve tried all possible scenarios but still I can't insert hyperlink into image in Mac Mail. do you have any idea? Does apple solve this issue already?"

-------

Highlight then Add it:

Best I can say is to highlight the image, and the proceed with the URL. Be certain to mention where clicking the link will take them.

Click Here to View Yiagos' Profile Image:

Oct 19, 2020 4:56 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thank you for your reply.

I insert my company''s logo image to signature on Mac mail. And I'm trying to make this image clickable with a link but no succeed. All these tips with CMD+K, or placing a text before etc. etc. now worked in Catalina.

The same problem with Linkein badge. No matter how I've tried it was not possible to add a link to images.

I hope that you my problem is more clear now.

Thanks

Oct 19, 2020 7:07 AM in response to Yiagos

Dangerous for Linked-in profile and my company?

No, dangerous in general. You should never click on a link in an email because you will identify yourself to the spammers, inviting more spam.

Links in email can also redirect to phishing websites.

If you make your recipients comfortable clicking on links in emails, you open them up to phishing attacks using your emails as a vector to harvest their personal information.

Oct 19, 2020 7:23 AM in response to Yiagos

Yiagos wrote:

I ve tried all possible scenarios but still I can't insert hyperlink into image in Mac Mail. do you have any idea? Does apple solve this issue already?

HTML signature allows you much more control over the markup for Signatures.

dialabrain above posted the link to best tutorial on the subject— this is the way to go.

Oct 19, 2020 7:29 AM in response to Yiagos

Many recipients will disable images and image links in received email so you are spending a lot of time on something many will not even see. And as previously said, images in email can be be a dangerous security risk, for the recipient. If you were to send an email to me I would not even see your image let alone allow it to have a clickable link.

Oct 19, 2020 8:44 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

I understand your point of view but I kind disagree on that. Having said that my emails sent to our clients. I’m not referring to newsletter or thousands mails to random people. People that they contacting us through our web site and I have on my signature all my data available. I don’t see how a person finds out that my email is a spam when he/she awaiting for my reply.

thanks anyway

Cant insert hyperlink into image in Mac Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.