Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re-adding a Yahoo Mail Account but saving email and rules

Apple support tells me there is no way to transfer emails and rules if I create a new account. I have to recreate a new account because I changed my yahoo password and all the server settings are not displaying in the Mail Account Settings. Their advice is to create a new account. This is nuts. Has anyone figured away to save rules in MacOS10.15?

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 3:39 PM

Now my rules are working as expected. I don't know why that one email wouldn't be moved but since then rules are working to move messages to the designated folders. And it does not appear that any thing was lost by deleting and re-adding an account. I don't know why tech support didn't know this. It caused me much unneccessary angst.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2020 3:39 PM in response to Melinda

Now my rules are working as expected. I don't know why that one email wouldn't be moved but since then rules are working to move messages to the designated folders. And it does not appear that any thing was lost by deleting and re-adding an account. I don't know why tech support didn't know this. It caused me much unneccessary angst.

Oct 19, 2020 2:58 PM in response to BDAqua

Well, I gave up and deleted the yahoo mail, but I think it was IMAP. Before I did that, I added my husbands yahoo account (IMAP) and made sure the rules were there. When I deleted my yahoo mail, neither the rules nor the saved email disappeared as tech support said they would. When I got my yahoo account re-added (IMAP), I am now getting email but I think the rules may not be working right. I tried to add a new rule but when it asked if I wanted to apply the rule, it did not move the email to the specified folder. As for who told me this, it was Support Chat. I got passed off to a senior advisor who told me yes, I could keep my email and rules, but the call got cut off. When I reconnected I was told that deleting the account would remove the email and rules. I still have no way to changed the password (the server settings are missing)

Re-adding a Yahoo Mail Account but saving email and rules

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.