Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac App Store -- Unable to Check for Updates -- The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1100.)

I am unable to check for updates using the Mac App Store on my Mac running High Sierra.

I get this error:

The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1100.)

I have followed the recommended steps at https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201400

but the error persists. My time is set correctly etc.

I have even reinstalled the 2020-005 Security Update for High Sierra.

The App Store does open. I can even log into the Mac App Store and download and install past purchases on my Mac. But I CANNOT check for updates. Very frustrating.

Any ideas.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 1:40 PM

For some odd reason, the Mac App Store is working properly now. I can list any available updates without seeing any error messages. I do not know why it started to work. Perhaps, the problem was with the apple servers that Apple fixed at its end.

Similar questions

1 reply

Mac App Store -- Unable to Check for Updates -- The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1100.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.