Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my laptop is not one of the options that i can turn on in text message forwarding. how can I add it

I want to have my messages from my iPhone forwarded to my MacBook Air. my MacBook air is not one of the options listed on my iPhone in settings under the message forwarding . can it be added

If so, how can i add it as an option

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 1:56 PM

Please refer to How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac.

Excerpt:

* Don't see the Text Message Forwarding setting on your iPhone? Go to Settings > Messages, turn off iMessage, turn it back on, tap Send & Receive, tap Use Your Apple ID for iMessage, then sign in with the same Apple ID used on your other devices.

Try that.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2020 1:56 PM in response to jan2446

Please refer to How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac.

Excerpt:

* Don't see the Text Message Forwarding setting on your iPhone? Go to Settings > Messages, turn off iMessage, turn it back on, tap Send & Receive, tap Use Your Apple ID for iMessage, then sign in with the same Apple ID used on your other devices.

Try that.

my laptop is not one of the options that i can turn on in text message forwarding. how can I add it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.