Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple pencil 2nd gen makes random lines while writing on iPad Pro 2020.

Apple pencil makes random lines while writing. See pic below:

Not plugged in

rebooted

all software up to date

re-paired the pencil many times

using palm rejection glove

happened with iOS 13, and still happens after updating to iOS 14

Happens with any app (notability, good notes, etc.) not just one particular app. Apple support had no helpful suggestions. I can’t find any solutions on the web that work for me, but I did see other folks are having the same issue as me.

Any ideas? Thanks!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 11:35 AM

I may have a suggestion:

If you are using a case and screen protector, try exposing some of the metal on the side of the iPad and keeping a finger on it while you write with the other hand. Perhaps when you are writing you are generating some static electricity that is interfering with the pencil and iPad.

Please post a reply if this works for you. If it does, maybe someone from apple support could chime in on an actual fix?

Hope this helps!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2020 11:35 AM in response to brodriguez1

I may have a suggestion:

If you are using a case and screen protector, try exposing some of the metal on the side of the iPad and keeping a finger on it while you write with the other hand. Perhaps when you are writing you are generating some static electricity that is interfering with the pencil and iPad.

Please post a reply if this works for you. If it does, maybe someone from apple support could chime in on an actual fix?

Hope this helps!

Oct 23, 2020 6:16 AM in response to Pencil5150

Im experiencing the same issue as well. I’ve tried everything. I even went to the extent of getting my whole old replaced. I experience this way more when I’m using QuickTime to mirror my iPad on my Mac when I need to do that for class. If anyone has any solid advice it would be very helpful. This inconvenience makes it not so user friendly. These Screenshots are from both GoodNotes and notability.

Apple pencil 2nd gen makes random lines while writing on iPad Pro 2020.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.