Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ringer and alerts sound keeps turning down the volume...

Hi, I have a problem with my iPhone X...

The Ringer and alerts sound control just turns down the volume by it self...

This really annoys me because I can’t hear my alarms, and when I get a notification.

The “Change with buttons” & “Face-ID Attention aware” has never been on.

I am using the latest IOS 14.0.1 Software

Can anyone help me?👍🏼

Regards

Nicki

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 3:24 PM

Hi there Nicki943,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you've run into an issue with the ring and alert volume on your iPhone. We know how important it is to hear your notifications. We'll be happy to help.

To start, let's back up and update to the latest iOS version. You should see an update available in: Settings > General > Software Update. This page can guide you: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Cases can sometimes apply slight pressure to the volume buttons. To test this, remove your case, if applicable and test without it.

Disable Attention Aware features and test without them: About Attention Aware features on your iPhone X or iPad Pro If it doesn't happen with those features disabled it would be considered expected behavior for the model you have. We hope this helps.

Take Care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2020 3:24 PM in response to Nicki943

Hi there Nicki943,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you've run into an issue with the ring and alert volume on your iPhone. We know how important it is to hear your notifications. We'll be happy to help.

To start, let's back up and update to the latest iOS version. You should see an update available in: Settings > General > Software Update. This page can guide you: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Cases can sometimes apply slight pressure to the volume buttons. To test this, remove your case, if applicable and test without it.

Disable Attention Aware features and test without them: About Attention Aware features on your iPhone X or iPad Pro If it doesn't happen with those features disabled it would be considered expected behavior for the model you have. We hope this helps.

Take Care!

Ringer and alerts sound keeps turning down the volume...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.