Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 12 sounds and haptics

Every time I set the volume for my Ringer and Alerts, at the end of the day it turns it all the way back to no sound. I don't have the feature for change with buttons on right now, but I am worried that if I forget one night, my alarm won't go off in the morning because of the sound changing on me.

Any suggestions? Is this a known issue?

iPhone 12, 14

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 2:55 PM

Hi Lizardbooks,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you're experiencing an issue with volume changing unexpectedly. We certainly understand your concern, and we're happy to help.

To start, if there's an available iOS update, we recommend updating and testing if this behavior continues. You can see how to update using the steps here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also, test if this same behavior happens if you turn off the "Attention Aware" features. You can do that in Settings > Face ID & Passcode.

If you're using any headphones or Bluetooth devices with your iPhone, we'd also like to have you disconnect those and test if the same behaviors happens.

We look forward to hearing the results, thanks.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2020 2:55 PM in response to Lizardbooks

Hi Lizardbooks,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you're experiencing an issue with volume changing unexpectedly. We certainly understand your concern, and we're happy to help.

To start, if there's an available iOS update, we recommend updating and testing if this behavior continues. You can see how to update using the steps here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also, test if this same behavior happens if you turn off the "Attention Aware" features. You can do that in Settings > Face ID & Passcode.

If you're using any headphones or Bluetooth devices with your iPhone, we'd also like to have you disconnect those and test if the same behaviors happens.

We look forward to hearing the results, thanks.

Jan 23, 2021 10:15 PM in response to Lizardbooks

Why am I not able to disable the haptics feature that keeps turning my volume down? They say it is headphone safety and it was suggested this was due to certain countries and regions. Is this a US law of some sort? As far as it being headphone safety, it is turning it down on all my bluetooth devices - 3 of which are NOT headphones. I am hard of hearing and so this device is making it very difficult for me to just listen to my music. Anybody know the bottom line on this?

Jan 25, 2021 10:23 AM in response to Lizardbooks

I just tried that yesterday and it turned down my music today. I sure hope they remove this in the next software update because it is a daily irritation. It is also flawed - I rarely use my bluetooth ear buds. I have 3 other bluetooth devices I use that are external speakers.

I am already hard of hearing so this is not saving my ears! Its just making it harder for me to listen to and enjoy my music.

iphone 12 sounds and haptics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.