Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fix my mail app

How do I fix or replace my Apple Mail app without mucking up my saved mail or current mail?

Mac mini, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 2:46 PM

Hello mailfail20,

It sounds like you are experiencing some issue with the Mail on your Mac. We’d like to help however we can. 

To start, can you provide more details on exactly what is happening with the Mail application? Here’s a a helpful article that may be of assistance: 

Troubleshoot email problems in Mail on Mac

Feel free to get back to us with any other questions or concerns you may have.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2020 2:46 PM in response to mailfail20

Hello mailfail20,

It sounds like you are experiencing some issue with the Mail on your Mac. We’d like to help however we can. 

To start, can you provide more details on exactly what is happening with the Mail application? Here’s a a helpful article that may be of assistance: 

Troubleshoot email problems in Mail on Mac

Feel free to get back to us with any other questions or concerns you may have.

Cheers!

Oct 26, 2020 4:41 PM in response to brenden dv

Solved the mail problem by

1. Trying (with advisor help) to re-install the OSX. System crashed and would not recover - kernal panic.
  2. Bought entire new Mac Mini for $800. Tried to set up new system. After a while it appeared to crash, also. Could not recover.
  3. Talked to advisors. Went through 11 of them before I gave up. System kept ending up in black screen.
  4. Took new Mini back to store, got new one. Tried again. Started doing same thing.
  5. Then got a bright idea. When first turned on, my monitor worked perfectly. But while initializing new Mini, the colors would got crazy and finally one of the install progress cycles would blank, and never come back. MAYBE IT WAS THE MONITOR!
  6. Tried new Mini on my wife's (originally mine) big 30 inch monitor. Worked perfectly.
  7. Bought a new monitor. Works perfectly. Still have to take old Mini in to store to try to harvest data and move to new one.

fix my mail app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.