Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icon Circle keeps going around and around

Why does circle keep spinning next to WiFi and bars ? On top of iPhone SE (2020)

this never Stops.

I feel this is a flaw with Apple

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 5:45 AM

This is a problem with my iPhoneSE also. I had an iPhone7 and it was also a problem. I read some of the comments on other apple community threads about this problem and someone said that when they use the dictation for text it causes the problem. I've tried not using the dictation and it seems to work to keep the wheel from spinning. But it's frustrating because I would like to use the dictation. When it does spin the only way I can stop it is to turn the phone off and then turn it back on. If I do that and don't use dictation it keeps the wheel from going into constant spin mode. Can Apple fix this problem?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2020 5:45 AM in response to julianfromeastaboga

This is a problem with my iPhoneSE also. I had an iPhone7 and it was also a problem. I read some of the comments on other apple community threads about this problem and someone said that when they use the dictation for text it causes the problem. I've tried not using the dictation and it seems to work to keep the wheel from spinning. But it's frustrating because I would like to use the dictation. When it does spin the only way I can stop it is to turn the phone off and then turn it back on. If I do that and don't use dictation it keeps the wheel from going into constant spin mode. Can Apple fix this problem?

Nov 22, 2020 5:47 PM in response to v1enna

I have found the only way to stop it from spinning after I use dictation text, is to ask Siri what time it is, or what is today's date.

But yes, it will drain your battery considerably sooner if you let it keep running. It will also use your data and if you have a limited data plan, by it running all the time, it may make you go over your data limits and cost you extra money each month.

I hope Apple finds a way to fix this soon!

Oct 25, 2020 8:38 AM in response to julianfromeastaboga

Howdy julianfromeastaboga,

Thank you for providing those details and that screenshot. It sounds like you're concerned about the network activity icon at the top of the screen. This icon will appear anytime your device connects to the internet. To learn more about the various icons that can show up, please visit: Status icons and symbols on your iPhone

We hope that helps.

Take care.

Nov 17, 2020 1:21 PM in response to lsbrewer

I have been having the same problem, but only since I installed the last update 14.2

It really eats up my battery life.

And if I turn off my WiFi, it will then eat up my data on my cell plan.

I have found that it only does this when I used the dictation mic on a text message. And I found that if you ask Siri a question right after using the dictation, such as "what time is it", it will stop.

The other issue I have been having since the update was installed is the text screen will not close properly after I am done texting someone. I end my text, I tap the blue arrow to go back to my list of previous people I have texted and then double click the home button and swipe the text list away. This should close it out, but it doesn't --- when I tap the message icon, it opens up to the last person I was texting with and shows everything that was recently sent. After closing this text message as I have listed above (SEVERAL TIMES), it still does not close out properly.

I truly believe this is some type of glitch in this newest update and Apple should look into fixing it.

And while I'm here, who's idea was it to take away my third screen and replace it with an App Library???? This is a repetitive App. All the apps on our phones are already on our screens in one form or another. Was this really needed?

Apple, please fix this spinning network disc issue. It's not right to have something like this to start after installing an update. Apples newest glitch is eating into my data usage and batter life.

Thank you

icon Circle keeps going around and around

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.