Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Sound Disrupted Through AirPods

I have a 2012 Macbook Pro and it is working well. The only problem is that when I play videos or music through AirPods, the sound is disrupted. It sort of disconnects for a second ( more or less ) and re-connects. Of course this doesn't happen always but at the times it does, it is very very annoying and I can't hear the entire sentence in a video or mp3 file. I have this problem using AirPods and AirPods Pro. I have an updated OS Catalina on my Mac. My iPhone and iPad Pro work fine with AirPods. Can anyone help me solve this problem ?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 12:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 4:13 PM

Hi arianmd,

We see you're having an issue with your AirPods disconnecting intermittently on your Mac. Being able to maintain a connection to listen to audio is certainly important, and we'd like to help out.

As things are working well on the iOS devices, let's try a few things with your Mac itself. To start, 'forget' the AirPods from System Preferences > Bluetooth > Tap the 'x' to the right of your AirPods. Then, use the steps here to reset the AirPods:

Reset your AirPods

If that doesn't help, let's try a different Bluetooth accessory with your Mac, just to ensure there aren't issues with the Bluetooth connection itself.

Take care!

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2020 4:13 PM in response to arianmd

Hi arianmd,

We see you're having an issue with your AirPods disconnecting intermittently on your Mac. Being able to maintain a connection to listen to audio is certainly important, and we'd like to help out.

As things are working well on the iOS devices, let's try a few things with your Mac itself. To start, 'forget' the AirPods from System Preferences > Bluetooth > Tap the 'x' to the right of your AirPods. Then, use the steps here to reset the AirPods:

Reset your AirPods

If that doesn't help, let's try a different Bluetooth accessory with your Mac, just to ensure there aren't issues with the Bluetooth connection itself.

Take care!

Macbook Pro Sound Disrupted Through AirPods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.