Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itune updates

I am unable to update iTunes. A message shows "errors occurred. Choose tools download only, try installing manually". When I attempt this a further message shows "iTunes has an invalid signature. Download removed". I am currently running Windows 7. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 2:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 2:05 AM

1. On your computer, press Windows + R (Run). 
  2. Type in inetcpl.cpl then press Enter
  3. In the internet options category, click on the Advanced tab
  4. Scroll down from the list of options and click on Security
  5. Put a check on the option ‘Allow Software to run or install even if the signature is invalid’
  6. Click on Apply to confirm action and to save the changes made.
  7. Restart your personal computer
  8. Once your computer has completely restarted, open iTunes, log into your account.
  9. Now click on ‘Help’ tab
  10. Then click on ‘Check for Updates” to see if the solution mentioned resolved the issue. 

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2020 2:05 AM in response to Mal the Tim

1. On your computer, press Windows + R (Run). 
  2. Type in inetcpl.cpl then press Enter
  3. In the internet options category, click on the Advanced tab
  4. Scroll down from the list of options and click on Security
  5. Put a check on the option ‘Allow Software to run or install even if the signature is invalid’
  6. Click on Apply to confirm action and to save the changes made.
  7. Restart your personal computer
  8. Once your computer has completely restarted, open iTunes, log into your account.
  9. Now click on ‘Help’ tab
  10. Then click on ‘Check for Updates” to see if the solution mentioned resolved the issue. 

Itune updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.