Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth connection lost

After operating flawlessly for years, recently my 2017 21.5 in iMac has been unable to maintain its connection to my mouse and keyboard. It started after I updated to OS Catalina. I have tried restarting the computer, resetting the Bluetooth module, reinstalling the system software, deleting the bluetooth preferences file and nothing has helped. The mouse and keyboard connect and seem to be operating properly, then stall. an alert reading connection lost appears on the screen. this is extremely frustrating and I have been forced to use a clunky wired keyboard and mouse. has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 7:00 PM

Do you have any TB 3 or USB 3.0 external drives, other devices and/or their cables anywhere around your wireless keyboard and mouse? If so, try move those devices from in between and away from your iMac and Wireless devices.

see > Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

Similar questions

9 replies

bluetooth connection lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.