Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth problems since BigSur update Monterey too

Hi everybody,

I have an iMac from 2017 5K 27 32 GB Ram and Radeon Pro 580 8GB.

I updated to monterey in hope that my problems were fixed.

Since BigSur I have Bluttooth problems only with Apple Keyboard and Mouse.

Lack in working and sometimes the keyboard makes 20 spaces. Mouse and keyboard often times stopping working. I tried everything from installing osx new nad kill / reset bluetooth as well as reconnecting all devices. Nothing helps. Any ideas how to get back all my bluetooth devices working correctly?

Thanks and kind regards R.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 1:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 4:41 AM

I found the solution and I have to say that apple is doing this moment a very bad job because of tooooooo many bugs in monterey.

So here is the fix. It is only a problem with apple BT-devices like mouse, keyboard or trackpad. Today I thought to turn off the trackpad and see what happened. Mouse and Keyboard are working great without any lag. It seems that the trackpad usese a similar frequency like the mouse or the keyboard. It would be great to have all devices connected but in the meantime it is better to disable one device to have a normal working mouse and keyboar.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2021 4:41 AM in response to FLYINGFOX23

I found the solution and I have to say that apple is doing this moment a very bad job because of tooooooo many bugs in monterey.

So here is the fix. It is only a problem with apple BT-devices like mouse, keyboard or trackpad. Today I thought to turn off the trackpad and see what happened. Mouse and Keyboard are working great without any lag. It seems that the trackpad usese a similar frequency like the mouse or the keyboard. It would be great to have all devices connected but in the meantime it is better to disable one device to have a normal working mouse and keyboar.

Nov 4, 2021 6:40 AM in response to FLYINGFOX23

Hello reinhardfromschriesheim! Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you’re experiencing Bluetooth issues specifically with your mouse and keyboard since updating to Big Sur. We'd like to look into this with you to see how we can help. 

If you’re using a Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse 2, Apple provides the following that may help: If you can't connect your Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or Magic Trackpad to your Mac

Make it a great day!

Nov 16, 2021 10:57 PM in response to 1ssmith

Hi and thanks,

I tested everything. Nothing helps. Everyday the same problem since big sur. Keyboard stops working or is repeating several times the last pressed key. Mouse stops working especially I raise the mouse. I read to reset the mac and install all new but this would take days for me to get back to work. I checked also every interference. I have only the problem with the 2017 iMac since big sur. Weird is that my logitech bt mouse is working with no problem. I am using this mouse at home on my mac pro and tested this on my iMac. So it seams there is a problem with older keyboard and mouse devices since big sur. Any other person who has this problems?

Bluetooth problems since BigSur update Monterey too

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.