Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fake call from +18649870180

Received a call this morning with recorded voice message that my icloud account is breached. It provided option to connect to apple support so what I did. When the person came online, he asked me to download anydesk software for remote support. Being security engineer myself i asked him if he is really apple employee. He asked me to go to Apple.com to do his employee verification. He mentioned his name "Alex Plaskett". I asked him for Id which he struggled. He himself was trying to come up with these details on the fly. After a while mentioned his employee id as "CVE-2018". Now I was 100% sure this is a fake call. I tried confronting him and he was getting annoyed; he started asking if I am a detective. When I said employee Id is fake he confronted "how do I know", he is trying to help etc etc. After sometime he disconnected call himself. I received this call twice today.

Just wanted everyone to be aware

iPhone SE

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 1:33 PM

It is a scam. Apple will never call you unless you called them and asked for a call back.

1 reply

fake call from +18649870180

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.