Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15” Mid 2012 “Battery Not Charging”

Battery was bulging and distorting the case but WAS holding charge. Replaced with OWC battery replacement kit. 

Installed Fresh battery and bought a new charger which worked for about 5 months. 

Now the battery is not charging. 

I’ve just about exhausted all the reasonable means as far as I know. 

• Computer passed every test in Tech Tool 

• Charger is showing the orange light.

• PRAM and SMC have been reset. 

• Mag Safe DC-In board have been replaced

• Battery Status shows good in Battery Health and Tech Tool 

I am not getting any amperage/wattage and the voltage being supplied is SLOWLY dropping (according to battery health)

Additionally... under basic browsing the computer will just shutdown and immediately restart. I assume from the battery issue. So basically, the computer isn't very usable or reliable on wall power.

I’m at a loss and I certainly don’t want to pay for a logic board. Any ideas? 

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 1:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 3:06 PM

You may try & contact OWC for details about replacement NewerTech or other battery they sent.

Prior to most action, they'd likely ask if you performed Calibration or 'conditioning' cycles on it.

• How to Calibrate a portable Mac's Power System | newertech

https://www.newertech.com/batteries/power-calibration-guide/

Because these often require professional installation (or use of 'Kit' when shipped to end user)

owc &/or newertech may have performance tests; and steps to perform, regarding this aspect.

{1 Year Newer Technology Limited Warranty}

Take care & good luck!🌤⛵️

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2020 3:06 PM in response to Jfair5150

You may try & contact OWC for details about replacement NewerTech or other battery they sent.

Prior to most action, they'd likely ask if you performed Calibration or 'conditioning' cycles on it.

• How to Calibrate a portable Mac's Power System | newertech

https://www.newertech.com/batteries/power-calibration-guide/

Because these often require professional installation (or use of 'Kit' when shipped to end user)

owc &/or newertech may have performance tests; and steps to perform, regarding this aspect.

{1 Year Newer Technology Limited Warranty}

Take care & good luck!🌤⛵️

Oct 20, 2020 3:13 PM in response to K Shaffer

As if the stars aligned... not an hour after I make this post... my battery percentage went to zero and the Condition changed from Good to Poor and "Replace Now". (It had been stuck at 5% for days)

I contacted OWC and after sending a screenshot from Coconut battery they are sending a replacement battery. I'm actually pretty surprised it went as smooth as it did.

Thanks for your help/reply... heres hoping that this was a fluke deal and the next replacement will last longer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.