Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Comcast, wifi, and Apple Airport Time Capsule

I'm sorry to sound so dense but I would like to extend my wifi and I'm not sure how it should all fit together. Comcast comes into the house and plugs into a little box. The box connects to the router. The router connects to the AirPort Time Capsule. If I want to extend the wifi, do I use another Airport or do I use Comcast extenders? Thanks!

Airport Time Capsule 802.11ac Gen1

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 2:14 PM

Comcast comes into the house and plugs into a little box. The box connects to the router. The router connects to the AirPort Time Capsule. If I want to extend the wifi, do I use another Airport or do I use Comcast extenders? Thanks!

The answer will depend on whether your router provides your WiFi network now, or whether the Time Capsule provides your WiFi network. They might both be providing a WiFi signal, but you might only be using one for normal WiFi service.

If your router provides your WiFi network, then you will need a Comcast extender, assuming that Comcast furnished the router.

If the Time Capsule provides your WiFi network, then you will need an Apple AirPort extender.......ideally an AirPort Extreme, but an AirPort Express would work as well (with slower performance).

AirPorts are still available from eBay as new, refurbished or used.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2020 2:14 PM in response to fudgenut

Comcast comes into the house and plugs into a little box. The box connects to the router. The router connects to the AirPort Time Capsule. If I want to extend the wifi, do I use another Airport or do I use Comcast extenders? Thanks!

The answer will depend on whether your router provides your WiFi network now, or whether the Time Capsule provides your WiFi network. They might both be providing a WiFi signal, but you might only be using one for normal WiFi service.

If your router provides your WiFi network, then you will need a Comcast extender, assuming that Comcast furnished the router.

If the Time Capsule provides your WiFi network, then you will need an Apple AirPort extender.......ideally an AirPort Extreme, but an AirPort Express would work as well (with slower performance).

AirPorts are still available from eBay as new, refurbished or used.

Comcast, wifi, and Apple Airport Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.