Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

0.5 Ultrawide Lens Not Working

When I’m in Photo mode of my iphone 11 Max pro camera the 0.5 lens option disappears and I can only choose between 2 or 1. I’ve done hard restart turned the phone off and on, installed latest iOS. Contacted the help desk, of course phone is out of warranty and closest repair is 1 week out and at a store 120 miles from me. Any suggestions?? Seems to be a prevalent issue, however can’t find a solution after much research.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 7:08 PM

I have the same issue, happened out of the blue today. Wide angle and zoom lenses are not working anymore. Lenses just disappeared. I can only use the 1x zoom. And you are right, seems like a common issue on IPhone 11 pro models. I found many posts on this forum and Reddit about this issue. Looks like iPhone 11 has faulty cameras. And they just stop working. Seems like Apple replaces the phone if you take it there since it’s a hardware issue. Some people even complain having the same issue on their replaced phones and get it replaced once more. Seem like your only option is to take it to App Store and get that replaced. I have an appointment on Thursday. No other fix really. However I realized mine happened right after the newest update. My phone is 3 months old...

if you search the forum you will find countless posts about this issue. Looks like it all started around April. It’s the same exact issue for all of us. Someone’s explanation was that all 3 cameras al linked and once one dies it messes all up and we get the 2x camera as default and we loose the 0.5 all together.

whatever is the issue, resetting, updating, going back to factory settings doesn’t work. I even deleted everything and started the phone without a backup to have a complete virgin phone and still have the issue. So most likely iPhone 11 cameras

are very fragile and stops working after a while and requires you to get a replacement.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2020 7:08 PM in response to 10olcese

I have the same issue, happened out of the blue today. Wide angle and zoom lenses are not working anymore. Lenses just disappeared. I can only use the 1x zoom. And you are right, seems like a common issue on IPhone 11 pro models. I found many posts on this forum and Reddit about this issue. Looks like iPhone 11 has faulty cameras. And they just stop working. Seems like Apple replaces the phone if you take it there since it’s a hardware issue. Some people even complain having the same issue on their replaced phones and get it replaced once more. Seem like your only option is to take it to App Store and get that replaced. I have an appointment on Thursday. No other fix really. However I realized mine happened right after the newest update. My phone is 3 months old...

if you search the forum you will find countless posts about this issue. Looks like it all started around April. It’s the same exact issue for all of us. Someone’s explanation was that all 3 cameras al linked and once one dies it messes all up and we get the 2x camera as default and we loose the 0.5 all together.

whatever is the issue, resetting, updating, going back to factory settings doesn’t work. I even deleted everything and started the phone without a backup to have a complete virgin phone and still have the issue. So most likely iPhone 11 cameras

are very fragile and stops working after a while and requires you to get a replacement.

Oct 21, 2020 7:40 AM in response to 10olcese

does using a third party app work? i'd try it out if i were you because with something like a third party app, it'll detect the phone you have, not the available hardware on your phone, so lets say you took the ultrawide camera out of the phone some how and went into a third party app, if you select ultrawide in the app it'll just simply crash, some may just show a black screen but most will freeze or crash, try this (using a third party app) and see how it goes, if you want you could ask apple through chat support if they could do an ota (over the air) hardware check (diagnostics test), i'm baffled by the fact that by the sounds of it they didn't do that when you contacted them the first time but this time try contacting them through https://getsupport.apple.com and after following the steps, if it allows you to start a chat then do so and ask them what i said (do an ota hardware check) and after complying with them with what they ask of you (they may ask you some things like the email associated with your apple id, your serial number, etc), they will ask you to follow some steps in settings and after tapping what they say once they lead you there the test will begin, after the test concludes they will tell you if there are any problems with your device from what they can see and honestly it'll go from there,

if imma be honest, if your a little overwhelmed by all of what im saying basically just click the link i sent and follow the steps, start a chat, and tell them that your ultra wide angle camera in specific isn't showing up in the camera app and you want them to run an over the air diagnostics test and from there things will be guided and smooth, and if you dont want to contact apple about this and have them do a diagnostics test, then you can always download a third party camera app and chose "ultra wide" in that app and see what happens, but honestly i'd suggest just straight up chatting with apple

0.5 Ultrawide Lens Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.