Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The .5 lense on my iPhone 11 Pro stopped working

Hi - Frustrated. The .5 lens feature on my iPhone 11 Pro stopped working in the Camera App. Previously, when I'd open the Camera App, you would see three bubbles (.5, 1x, 2x). About four weeks ago, when I opened it, only the 2x appeared & when I pinched to zoom out, I could only zoom out to 1x. To note: Those three lenses work totally fine in the video mode.

Additional issues:

• Portrait mode stopped functioning (i.e. takes regular photos, but doesn't blur for perspective)
  • Sometimes the Video option disappears
  • Sometimes the Slow Mo option disappears

What I've tried so far: restarting the phone, doing a total reset on settings, trouble shooting with Apple's Customer Service, AND Apple sent me a replacement phone. Just got it & when I transferred data from the old phone to the new, the issue was on the new phone too.

Has anyone else had this issue before? Any solves?

Thanks.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 7:06 AM

I had this issue. No amount of reset/restoring fixed it. I chatted with apple tech support online. They ran a remote diagnostic. They confirmed there was something wrong. They scheduled an appointment for me at my local Best Buy. The tech there ran the same diagnostic test again... "CAMERA ISSUE REAR CAMERA WIDE ANGLE LENS NOT FUNCTIONING, IS NOT DETECTED IN MRI." The fix was a rear camera replacement, which Best Buy had in stock. It took about 45 minutes. It cost $109. I'm disappointed the camera stopped working after less than 2 years of gentle ownership. However, I am grateful that I did not have to mail the phone in. If reset/restore does not work for you, you will need to get your rear camera replaced. There is no other fix if your camera is not detected. Good luck!

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2021 7:06 AM in response to CDM5

I had this issue. No amount of reset/restoring fixed it. I chatted with apple tech support online. They ran a remote diagnostic. They confirmed there was something wrong. They scheduled an appointment for me at my local Best Buy. The tech there ran the same diagnostic test again... "CAMERA ISSUE REAR CAMERA WIDE ANGLE LENS NOT FUNCTIONING, IS NOT DETECTED IN MRI." The fix was a rear camera replacement, which Best Buy had in stock. It took about 45 minutes. It cost $109. I'm disappointed the camera stopped working after less than 2 years of gentle ownership. However, I am grateful that I did not have to mail the phone in. If reset/restore does not work for you, you will need to get your rear camera replaced. There is no other fix if your camera is not detected. Good luck!

Sep 5, 2021 2:39 PM in response to CDM5

Restore the replacement phone to factory, Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support then set it up as new, not from a backup. It would appear there is something in your backup that is causing the problem, since it returned to a replacement device after you restored your backup. After the factory restore and setting it up as new, test your camera from there and see if it works. If it does, then there is something corrupt in your backup and you cannot use it.

Sep 4, 2021 4:55 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi Chris - Thx for replying. Sadly, I already did that.

What I've tried so far: restarting the phone, doing a total reset on settings, trouble shooting with Apple's Customer Service, AND Apple sent me a replacement phone. Just got it & when I transferred data from the old phone to the new, the issue was on the new phone too.

The .5 lense on my iPhone 11 Pro stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.