Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with iOS 14.1 and CarPlay

Updated to iOS 14.1 and now my CarPlay is not working well.

Phone app on screen won’t open however I can make calls through Siri.

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 3:30 AM

I had the same problem in my '17 VW Passat in that all of a sudden my phone wouldn't connect to the car. It would charge, but CarPlay kept telling me that the Connection Failed. Until I saw this I hadn't put two and two together that my phone had updated the night before and that was causing the connection failure

Anyway, all I did was reboot my radio. In my car you just hold the power button down until the radio restarts. Once I did this, I haven't had any problems since

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2020 3:30 AM in response to Mattcecchin

I had the same problem in my '17 VW Passat in that all of a sudden my phone wouldn't connect to the car. It would charge, but CarPlay kept telling me that the Connection Failed. Until I saw this I hadn't put two and two together that my phone had updated the night before and that was causing the connection failure

Anyway, all I did was reboot my radio. In my car you just hold the power button down until the radio restarts. Once I did this, I haven't had any problems since

Issue with iOS 14.1 and CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.