Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New update 14.5.1 has caused a malfunction in making and receiving phone calls. Does anyone have problems with this also. Totally disappointed in apple. Every time they make a new phone they have to make updates and subsequently creates havoc.

Apple update 14.5.1 is creating problems

with phone calls made and received. there have been many times since the update that calls were dropped or the other party could not hear me or I then. Apple what are you going to do to bring back my CarPlay so that it works.

Posted on May 13, 2021 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2021 7:14 AM

If you are unable make a call or receive; If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone - Apple Support

10 replies

May 13, 2021 7:15 AM in response to Mimi5460

I have iPhone 4S iOS 9.3.6, iPhone 6 iOS 12.5.3, iPhone SE iOS 14.5.1, iPhone 8 iOS 14.5.1 and an iPad Pro iPadOS 14.5.1 and iPhone 12 Pro iOS 14.5.1. Prior to that, I had iPhone 3GS, which I have stopped using because it is carrier-locked.

I have been updating all these devices whenever a new iOS are released. I have never encountered any issue whatsoever after any update.

May 23, 2021 4:15 PM in response to Mimi5460

I have iPhone SE (2020) and this morning I noticed missed call notifications on my Lock Screen although phone wasn’t on silent and phone never rang or alerted me that anyone was calling furthermore a friend has an iPhone XR and on the phone with eachother I mentioned the issue to him and he said he has noticed the same thing…CarPlay works fine on my phone however

May 23, 2021 4:25 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

Johnathan Burger wrote:

I have multiple iPhones.
None of them are having any issues.
I also have owned iPhones since the 3g model.
I have also not experienced any issues, I install updates as soon as they become available.

Me as well. We've owned so many iPhone's from 3G to the current iPhone 12 series, with many in-between. Not ONCE has any update caused an issue on any of our phones.

New update 14.5.1 has caused a malfunction in making and receiving phone calls. Does anyone have problems with this also. Totally disappointed in apple. Every time they make a new phone they have to make updates and subsequently creates havoc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.