Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I block chrome app on a Mac?

I have set up screen time on my daughter's Mac. But now all she does is go to chrome and watch the things I filter.

How can I setup a screen time limit for the Mac app Chrome? I did set it up to have a 1 minute limit everyday - but it does not work.

Thank you!

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 6:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 9:09 AM

Hey Nee15!

You are correct to set up a 1 minute daily limit on Chrome to block the app, but your Always Allowed settings could be conflicting with it. Make sure that the app is not whitelisted in Always Allowed and add Chrome to App Limits set at 1 minute for every day. I have just tried this myself, and it is working perfectly.

For more information on setting up Screen Time for your (daughter's) Mac, I'd recommend checking out Use Screen Time on your Mac - Apple Support.

Hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2020 9:09 AM in response to Nee15Nee15

Hey Nee15!

You are correct to set up a 1 minute daily limit on Chrome to block the app, but your Always Allowed settings could be conflicting with it. Make sure that the app is not whitelisted in Always Allowed and add Chrome to App Limits set at 1 minute for every day. I have just tried this myself, and it is working perfectly.

For more information on setting up Screen Time for your (daughter's) Mac, I'd recommend checking out Use Screen Time on your Mac - Apple Support.

Hope this helps!

How do I block chrome app on a Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.