Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dock customization

I want to know how to add or delete apps from the Dock. I am having trouble and the only real search results are not addressing my specific question. I refer to the post/discussion in the link below. Again, there answers are NOT what I am looking for.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8562551?answerId=33952995022#33952995022

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 9:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 10:46 PM

To remove app icons from the Dock simply click and hold on them and drag them upwards

until you see the Remove label. Or Control-click on the app icon, click on Option sand then

click on Remove from Dock.

To add app icons to the Dock open your Applications folder select the app icon you want to

see in the Dock and drag to the left hand side of the Dock.

The Dock is split into three section, the left for app icons, middle for recently used apps

and the third on the right for folders.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2020 10:46 PM in response to LoudCloudDragon

To remove app icons from the Dock simply click and hold on them and drag them upwards

until you see the Remove label. Or Control-click on the app icon, click on Option sand then

click on Remove from Dock.

To add app icons to the Dock open your Applications folder select the app icon you want to

see in the Dock and drag to the left hand side of the Dock.

The Dock is split into three section, the left for app icons, middle for recently used apps

and the third on the right for folders.

Oct 22, 2020 12:13 AM in response to Eau Rouge

Not only did you quickly help me but you also provided info that I wouldn't have learned for a while. That being how the dock is split into sections so thank you.

Today is literally the second day I have ever owned I Mac and I am trying to learn this system from square one. I realized what I was doing wrong. In my groggy state of mind I was confusing the command key for the control key. I figured that out after getting frustrated and researching how to fix spelling by opening the contextual menu.

Dock customization

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.