Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay Audio automatically switching

CarPlay recently began switching the audio source to my iPhone when I connect it to my Honda CR-V, which I don't want it to do. Even though I'd been listening to satellite radio previously, as soon as I connect my iPhone to my car, the audio input switches to the phone, which has no audio playing. This never used to happen until about 2-3 weeks ago. I'm running iOS 13.7 on my iPhone. I primarily use CarPlay so I can use Waze for navigation, which I've been using since 2008, and prefer to any other GPS maps system. On occasion, I'll use my iPhone for audio, too, but would prefer that it not usurp the audio input when I plug it in. There doesn't seem to be a setting for this. Any ideas as to why this is happening, and how I might correct it? Thanks!

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 7:49 AM

There is no setting for this, that is dependent on your vehicle's sound system. First, I would recommend updating your iOS to the latest version 14.1, then test again. If you still experience a problem, contact your Honda dealer to see if they have any updates to your system. I can say that I have seen a number of posts about issues with Honda CR-V and the Apple products, and it seems they do updates regularly.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2020 7:49 AM in response to Dan Ringuette

There is no setting for this, that is dependent on your vehicle's sound system. First, I would recommend updating your iOS to the latest version 14.1, then test again. If you still experience a problem, contact your Honda dealer to see if they have any updates to your system. I can say that I have seen a number of posts about issues with Honda CR-V and the Apple products, and it seems they do updates regularly.

Oct 22, 2020 8:16 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thank you! I'll check with Honda to see if they have an update to their software. I agree that Honda's infotainment system doesn't always work well with CarPlay, and their infotainment system leaves much to be desired overall. I do know that this issue appeared after my iPhone's most recent software update, as I haven't had the car in for service in several months. I have an older iPhone 7, so I've been waiting to install iOS 14, just in case there are bugs to be worked out. But maybe now's the time to upgrade to the next iOS.

CarPlay Audio automatically switching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.