Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail not refreshing

I have the latest Iphone OS (14.1) on an Iphone 8. I recently noticed that my gmail was not refreshing properly. I have other mail accounts and I have the mail set to All Inboxes. I get notified of new mail but it does not show up in All Inboxes until I go specifically to gmail and look at it there. It then (usually) show up in All Inboxes. Sometimes All Inboxes appears completely empty. Other inconsistences occur with whether the mail has been read or not. Going backwards and forwards between the different views a few time usually sorts this out. I hoped today's update to 14.1 would sort this out but no change. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. Vic

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 9:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 10:22 AM

Hello vicfrussell,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We see that your mail inbox is not refreshing with new messages. Since updating to iOS 14.1 did not resolve the issue, then take a look at the suggestions in the following support article:

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best regards.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 27, 2020 10:22 AM in response to vicfrussell

Hello vicfrussell,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We see that your mail inbox is not refreshing with new messages. Since updating to iOS 14.1 did not resolve the issue, then take a look at the suggestions in the following support article:

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best regards.

Nov 2, 2020 12:58 AM in response to Becca_SF

Mine is now still OK after 4 days. Fingers crossed! My iPad was OK and didn't have the problem. I have three other accounts on my iPhone as well as Gmail and they didn't seem to have the problem. I don't get much mail on these anyway so it's difficult to be sure. When I had the problem the mail would missing on the "All Inboxes" (my usual setting) but if I looked at the Gmail in particular they were sometimes there. I would open them but the Gmail Inbox still showed them as un-read. When switching back to "All Inboxes" they appeared and with the correct "Read" status. Very weird!

Mail not refreshing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.