Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail cannot move messages to Junk folder

This messages is popping up constantly in Mail: "The IMAP command “UID COPY” (to INBOX.spam) failed for the mailbox “INBOX” with server error: Some of the requested messages no longer exist (0.089 + 0.000 + 0.088 secs).?

It started happening all of a sudden on my laptop a few weeks ago, but no changes were made to settings or anything else. I suspect some iCloud issue, since this does not happen on my desktop computer, iPhone or iPad.

How can I fix this error?

Thanks!

P.S. If anyone has a resource for understanding iCloud's continual, mysterious settings problems and error messages, I'd love to know what it is.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 12:40 PM

Start with this..

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Similar questions

1 reply

Mail cannot move messages to Junk folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.